Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lost In Translation

Israelis have a tendency to think only in Israeli terms. After living 36 years in Israel I too tend to go in that direction.  Over the past few years  I've been asking myself why the majority of American Jews seem so disconnected to Israel? This past January I was fortunate enough to join my husband on a semester sabbatical in the Washington D.C. area. I used the opportunity to fly to several states for author presentations and teacher workshops, speak to Jewish educators and just listen, listen, listen to conversations. I returned to Israel realizing that the scope of the disconnect is far broader than I thought, reaching way beyond our tiny Jewish State. I felt compelled to write this article. It was just put up in the LA Jewish Journal and will be appearing in other American Jewish newspapers. Please have a read and let me know what you think of my take.  Do you agree? Disagree? Is there a way I can help you bridge the gap?
Kol Tuv
Tami


Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment